Saturday, October 11, 2008

Follow Up to the Interview

1. Were you nervous? How did you deal with this?

I was a little nervous because I never have gone a real interview before and had no idea what to expect. Also, the job description I gave you was my dream job and even though I knew this was not a real interview I wanted to do my best.

2. Did you get any questions that threw you? How did you handle those questions?

The question that threw me the most was "What are you most proud of that you have done?" I answered truthfully but in answering I felt sort of childish and that my answer was trivial. I talked about planning my sorority's philanthropy events and how stressful it was to be in charge and have something so huge riding on your shoulders. When I was asked how I could handle the stress I talked about this again which I felt like made me look like I had no other commitments.

3. If you could do the interview again, what would you do differently?

If I could do the interview again, I would definitely ask questions at the end. When asked if I had any questions I completely drew a blank so I would need to research that ahead of time to make sure I knew what I was doing.

4. What did you learn from this experience?

That I handled the interview and the stress associtated with it pretty well. Even though I was nervous, I played it off and did not let it show through.

No comments: