Sunday, September 21, 2008

cover letters

For this post I looked at a site that had a bunch of links that relate to cover letters with do's and don't and tips and all that. I looked at two of the links and wrote responses to them both.

1. The Worst Use of the Cover Letter- this page discussed when it was and wasn't appropriate to use a cover letter. The page states that cover letters should not be used when sending out your resume to a ton of potential employers but I didn't really understand it. If used properly, why couldn't you use it when sending out your resume to lots of employers? As long as you write the address properly and lay out the letter correctly, I don't understand why it shouldn't be sent out to mulitple people.

2. Cover Letter Checklist- I really like this page because it listed everything you need to do and remember when writing a cover letter. I love checklists like this because they ensure that nothing is left out.

No comments: