Monday, September 22, 2008

My Family

My family is originally from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania but we moved to Cary, North Carolina when I was about six months old. My little sister, Julie, is three and a half years younger than me and is a senior in high school. She is just starting the application process and is kind of freaking out about it. Yesterday she called to tell me she submitted her first one. For a while she wanted to go to Clemson but she's only taken two years of spanish and Clemson requires at least three years of a foreign language so my family and I are trying to convince her to take it this spring. She's really into art and wants to be an elementary school art teacher but we'll see how long that lasts (she changes her mind a lot) My dad does something really complicated and I'm not really sure what but he is definately a work-a-holic and a perfectionist but he goes by the motto "Work hard, play hard". He absolutely LOVES tailgating at Clemson and so he has my mom and my sister coming down here almost every single home game. My mom just went back to work when I was a senior in high school (so I guess it isn't just went back) but wants to find a new job. Our whole family is really close and I talk to almost all of them every day but especially my mom; we call each other constantly. Family is extremely important to me and I miss them terribly; the distance is the one thing I don't love about Clemson. Although I'm only four hours from home, it's still too far to make random trips home for dinner like some of my friends can who are from Spartanburg and Greenville. Basically my family is what holds me together.

No comments: